Saturday 7 November 2009

Cheating

To avoid becoming absorbed in my disappointment, I’m employing two means of distraction.

a) Making like an ostrich.

b) Retail therapy.

So I’ve been walking, just very short local walks. I’ve still got nearly a stone to lose regardless, so I might as well get on with it. Six miles to Tesco and back for one of those odd assortments in the basket. Two and a half hours including 20 minutes shopping and 10 minutes to chat to two old friends (There were two friends, I’ve known both for a while, individually.)

I don’t mind this route, it has a lot of the same views as the one earlier in the week, plus a lot of rural farm land, but it’s a cycle path by a busy road that I’ve had previous bad experience of here and it still makes me a little anxious when the traffic’s heavy. And it rained on the way back, but I don’t mind getting wet on the way home, it’s on the way to somewhere it’s a nuisance. Views were a bit obscured though.

As to the retail therapy, well, that was Shirley’s fault. She mentioned backpackinglight.co.uk over at her place and I remembered the gear I wanted to order, so off I went and had a splurge! Forgot something important that wasn’t on the list, so important I didn’t think I’d forget it, so I’ll have to go back another day and order some more. Shame…

So, as you can see, I’m feeling much better.

PS. Would appear the retail therapy isn't limited to kit. Just ordered the Christmas wine and Champagne from Tesco using my vouchers. An extra little Christmas pressie to myself. I deserve it! (And Tattinger is my fave...)

No comments: