Tuesday 4 September 2012

Not for veggies

Laura, look away now…

As part of their education, children do some work experience in the fourth year of secondary school.

Rhiannon did hers at her primary school.

Aedan is a little different. He is doing a bit of gamekeepering on the local estate.

I thought this might be quite interesting for him.

Little did I know he was going to pop back from ‘work’ at 8.30 am this morning with a bag of deer offal. He apparently showed quite some interest in the post morning shoot activities and the gamekeeper gave him the liver and kidneys as a ‘treat’.

Now, all I’ve got to do is come up with a recipe, although I won’t be cooking or eating it. I do meat, but not offal. David and the boys will enjoy, I’m sure.

Might even have to go for dinner with the girls, I can’t stand the smell.

Any recipe ideas out there?

6 comments:

AlanR said...

Fantastic. I love liver, onions and bacon in thick gravy. Yummy! Goes well with mash potatoes.

Louise said...

Yep, looks about right.
I'll be the one in the corner with slow roast beef, roast potatoes and petit pois...

Laura said...

Thanks for the warning!

Louise said...

...the kidneys are in the freezer for a later date, apparently.
I'll be out...

Anonymous said...

Well, if it's going to be killed you may as well eat as much of it as you can. And I don't suppose you can get much fresher! (I'll stick to my delicious Veggie stew though, thanks!)

Louise said...

Hm. Yes. I certainly believe nothing should go to waste. So long as I don't have to eat it. A taste and textural issue for me.