So that all left me with an idea in my head, a bee in my bonnet, an itch that needed scratched, I could go on.
I found my self having a good dig around in all sorts of places, the hat and gloves box, a couple of wardrobes, my quartermaster’s stores, looking for something, the right thing, the one in the vision in my head. I’m not quite sure how I ended up poking about in the airing cupboard, but I came up with this…
For those of you that don’t have children, or have long since forgotten the transition stage from nappies, (or haven’t had a visitor with bladder problem to stay…) you won’t recognise this as waterproof or rubber sheet. But that’s what it is!
At first it felt a little wrong to want to cut it up, but then I opened it out and discovered that one of those little treasures that had used it when small had been at it with scissors already! Luckily not in such a way as to make it useless to me now, but I felt a whole lot better about whipping out a felt tip and a pair of scissors, along with my sewing machine, for a little play.
And here it is!
My tent bag
I’ve used a spare guy to thread through the top, which could also double as, oh, I don’t know, a spare guy! (If required in an emergency) I had a spare thingy for tightening (can’t think of the technical term, it’ll come to me) and I’m considering decorating it as white isn’t my favourite colour.
Shorter, fatter and flatter, just like I wanted
Before anyone asks, it’s about 24g more than the original bag. I can live with that. It would be fair to say I’m quite chuffed.